As part of values-based risk management solutions, we take a proactive approach to claims management to help clients pinpoint where losses are occurring, mitigate the exposures that are causing these losses and implement procedures to gain control over claims. We also undertake a comprehensive approach in investigating claims so that we can mitigate the extent of the damage or injury and provide a responsive and fair resolution.
Our K&B Risk Advisors customize our services so that we may respond to a customer’s individual needs. And like all our risk management services, we go the extra mile when it comes to our claims management:
- Many adjusters investigate claims; at K&B, we investigate incidents
- Incidents are initially reviewed by a registered nurse vs. non-clinical adjuster
- Review of Medical Record, MARs, ADLs, Surveys, Care Plans, Staffing Issues, Employee Interviews, etc.
- Risk Management recommendations can be made with any changes to policies and procedures documented
- After incident review is complete, RN submits a report for the file
- Investigations on incidents can provide a leg up on a claim that develops years down the road after employees have left
Sedgwick Claims Management Services
Sedgwick Claims Management Services is the authorized third-party administrator for the DigniCARE Program and will be responsible for handling the general and medical professional liability claims or suits brought against you within the terms of your policy.
In the event of a claim or suit, all correspondence should be forwarded to Sedgwick CMS with a completed initial claim report form. The claim report form can be downloaded here for your convenience and the address and phone number is listed below.
We look forward to working with you and offering optimum solutions to your claims needs. To report a new matter, please email or fax the report to the following:
Professional Liability Specialist
Fax: (713) 914-3250
Phone: (713) 914-3242
Address: Sedgwick CMS
P.O. Box 14478
Lexington, KY 40512