In developing our DigniCARE program, we at K&B Underwriters sought to go beyond what is expected. We wanted to ensure there was an integrated insurance and risk management program for the senior living industry that was based on a philosophy and belief system that when you engage and empower your caregivers and put the wellbeing of your residents first, everyone is actively involved in helping to mitigate risk and stem losses. That means going beyond just focusing on the clinical aspects of risk management to offering a look at the entire enterprise across various systems, evaluating such areas as employee safety, satisfaction and employment practices.
Our proactive and inclusive approach is increasingly more important today with a rise in claims, higher acuity levels, increased regulation, and an evolving industry looking to position itself to meet the demands of an aging population. Providing risk management techniques that help brokers and their clients take the right approach to business practices helps mitigate a facility’s liability and fosters a more profitable and successful organization that will invite more residents.
Our novel, holistic risk management solutions involve:
- A consultative approach with clients from their perspective rather than based on compliance or “state survey”; this begins with an initial telephone consultation to assess Best Practices, review our available resources and build a mutually agreed upon service plan.
- Services are prescriptive and individualized to the unique needs of the client with the goal of improving resident safety and satisfaction, employee turnover and workload, and reducing liability risk.
- Areas of expertise include QI, documentation, Staffing, Training, Forms, P&P Development, RACs, Culture Change, Media Relations, Resident Safety, Employee Safety, Environmental Safety, Coaching during an Adverse Event or Emerging Risk, and more.
- Training & Support available on-site and on-line through web-based resources or by phone and e-mail.
DigniCARE policyholders have access to the following services at no additional cost:
- Helpline for Risk Consultation, Resources, & Crisis Support
- Newsletters, Risk Alerts, E-News
- Risk Management Download Center
- Web-based Virtual Risk Assessments
- Webinars (CE credit is available for nurses)
- Onsite Consultation for risk assessment, training and more
A consultative approach to risk.
Please give us a call at 855.883.6306, complete the form on this page, or look at our territory map to locate an underwriter near you to find out more about the K&B difference and how to partner with us as a broker.